I’ve had an alarmingly smooth run with my littlies’ morning routine today. By some miracle, we actually left the house on time! If it had ended there, I would have written the day off as a success. As it turns out, I had more good fortune coming my way. Imagine my delight when my morning turned a little brighter when I found out I was nominated for a Liebster Award by the lovely taffysea, who is doing a remarkable job of documenting her semester in Wales. You should check out her blog, wanderlust is almost guaranteed. Thank you so much, Taylor, for taking the time to read, comment and generally make my day!
As I understand it, it’s an award bloggers share with each other to create a better blogging community and there are a number of rules that need to be followed. They are as follows:-
- You have to link back to the person that nominated you.
- You have to nominate 5-11 bloggers with less than 200 (or is it 2000?) followers (that’s a toughie, I tells ya!) and notify them that you have nominated them.
- You have to answer the questions designated by the person who nominated you.
- Make up a list of questions for the nominated bloggers to answer.
- You cannot nominate the person that nominated you.
So here goes….
And my nominees for blogs to check out are:
1. Ocean or mountains?
Oceans. I grew up in tropical Fiji so I’ll always have salt water in my veins.
2. Favorite food from another country/culture?
Hangi – in the islands they make a pit and fill it with hot stones, place the food on the stones and cover the entire pit for a few hours. The result is melt in the mouth, smokey-earthy food like you wouldn’t believe.
3. Favorite movie (or top 3)
Oooh… I would have to say… Ever After, Meet Joe Black and Equilibrium
4. Hogwarts House?
I think Gryffindor, although Ravenclaw would be a very close second.
5. 5 words to describe yourself?
Ummm….. pedantic; affectionate; writer; blessed; survivor
6. Top bucket list item, 2014
Learn a new language
7. Childhood pet? (Name and type of animal)
Didn’t have one.
8. Favorite place you’ve visited?
South Africa – incredibly beautiful!
9. Top 5 things to pack for a short trip? (anything from an afternoon to a long weekend)
A book, music player, my journal, my camera and a first aid kit.
10. Your plane is delayed for 6 hours. What book do you want with you at the airport?
11. Country you’re never been to that you’d most love to visit?
Scotland – or anywhere in Europe, really, but I love Scotland.
My questions for my nominees:
1. Favorite memory:
2. Favorite toy as a child:
3. Pirate or Prince/Princess:
4. Favorite quote:
5. Favorite childhood t.v. show:
6. Most likely to:
7. Favorite book:
8. Fictional crush:
9. Are you afraid of the dark?
10. Peanuts or Calvin and Hobbes?
11. Please describe your idea of a perfect date. 😉
I look forward to getting to know you all a little better. Congratulations! x
And that’s all I have to say about that…
To all my readers: please feel free to answer the questions in the comments. 🙂